Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Have stood in the door, through which the wind removes the cloud of dust, I was told that I look in


Have stood in the door, through which the wind removes the cloud of dust, I was told that I look in the direction where there are still uncut forest. Yesterday I passed the road for kilometers and trees around the ruins of the charred residue was full of fire; In 1956 there was the most wonderful forest I have ever seen in my life; all ruined now. People need to eat; They needed wood for the fire.
I kızeybatısınd Zimbabwe early '80s, I visited a friend of mine has worked as a teacher at a school in London. Here, we say, "to help Africa" has come. Polite, idealistic person; to get rid of it they find it difficult at this school have a depression. After independence was built that looks like all the other schools. Side by side, sewn into the dust, consists of four large brick rooms; one two three four, and added half a room at one end of the library. These grades are blackboards, but my friend he carried in his pocket stolen chalk. What map, what on earth has the ball in the school; What textbook, workbook what, nor a ballpoint pen. The library will want to read the kind of books do not have the skin of American wire shelving college students; remove them even harder; they reject the white library, detective wire shelving stories, or "Weekend in Paris" or "Felicity Finds Love" as its name ones.
Goats roam looking for food in a faded grass. Manager sacked for the school spends money embezzled. My friend has no money because everyone, pupils and teachers, want not received his salary arrears, they probably will not return wire shelving at all. Students between the ages of twenty-six to six; They're here to atone for those who can not go to school as a child. Some of kilometers wire shelving every morning, rain, sun, saying, crossed the river walking to school. They can not do homework because there electricity in the villages; not easy to work in the light of burning wood fire. Girls carry water before falling to school way to do the dishes; they also return.
Timidly entering wire shelving people sitting in the room with my friend, he wants everyone to book. "Please send us books when I return to London," says one man. "They taught us to read but we have the best." Everyone I come across, each book is begging.
I had a few days there. Dust was blowing. Women bore pumps water from the river because it is corrupt. Another idealistic teacher from England "school" had fallen sick when I saw what's in the case.
Last day they slaughtered the goat. They divide into small pieces in a large baking tin. Eagerly anticipated was the last time this feast: boiled goat and porridge. Celebrations broke while, I went back through the ruins of roasted and cut the trees.
The next day at school, a north London, a very good school, I talk. This is a school for boys, with beautiful buildings and gardens. Every week, visiting someone known children: fathers, students, relatives, or even one of the mother; It's not uncommon wire shelving for them to visit the well-known one.
I remember in school when I talk of north-west Zimbabwe's blowing dust; British hopeful looks on their faces in front of me, trying to tell them what I saw last week. Kitapsız wire shelving classes, courses or Atlassian kitapsız, even hanging on the wall even without a map. Give them books describing the course of a school where teachers have asked to be sent; but because they are eighteen or nineteen years old. I beg everyone's book tells how this British children: "Please send us books." But I told no images in their minds to match: a school of dust clouds; limited water, courtesy of the new final cut of a goat cooked in a big pot.
Then talk ends. After the library where teachers, I ask students to read and read. In this privileged school, other schools in similar, or even hear what I hear all the time in college. "How do you know that," says one teacher. "Most children do not read at all; the library is only half used. "
We are a fragmented culture; Only a few decades ago are questioned now appears certain to us; took years of training common to young men and women know nothing wire shelving about the world; a specialty or other, for example, computers, only they know.
Befallen us an amazing invention - computers, internet and TV. This is a revolution. The concern is not the first revolution the human species, though. Printing revolution did not happen in a few decades, it took longer has transformed our minds and our way of thinking. Crazy audience we had, we accept them, as we always do ,. "Now this will be our version of what the invention of the printing press?" He did not ask: In the same way, "Our lives, our way of thinking about how the internet d

No comments:

Post a Comment